Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Why horror?

First of all people who repress feelings of violence and anger are the people you need to be watching out for... People who are bottling those emotions are the folks who are flattening peoples skulls with ball peen hammers and running over old lady's on cross walks. It's like Mentos and Diet Coke, You put in the Mentos and the pressure builds up then boom half a dozen people have died in a school shooting. Why do you think these folks are so outrageously cruel in the end? Probably because some dumb ass hypocrite went after Alice Cooper, Marlyin Manson or ICP after their kid or a student in their school lost their s**t and killed a bunch of people while wearing one of their T-shirts instead of blaming themselves for not paying attention. But why take the blame for not giving a s**t about one student who seemed weird or ignoring your son because his interest in music clashes with your love for gardening, especially when there is such an easy target to blame in the media... Then you probably caused them to repress those feelings by telling them it wasn't okay to feel that way or by shoving pills down there throat because you didn't want to talk to them about it.

Well, the people who make the movies that make most people want to vomit are my hero's. The bands that tons of people love to hate are music to my ears and I don't give a s**t who or why someone thinks I need be locked up for thinking the way I do. Why you ask? because these people took a negative thought which you and I both know at one point or another we all have had and turned it into something positive. A way to express, vent and let go of these feelings. All the while you criticized them because they were different and you were the one who couldn't get their own s**t together. Then you make those folks suppress those feelings and make them unable to express themselves freely without fear of ridicule.

That's why I choose to write the way I do, enjoy what I do, and most of all continue to feel the way I do. I need to share those feelings as well. We give outlets to the folks you ignore and help them through dark times. We touch on emotions that people seem to be afraid of and we work with them to make people feel the emotion and experience the tense feelings and then we are able to let them go. After the whole thing is said and done, the boss you wanted to kill just before your weekend began is safe yet again because you just let us help you cut loose and let go of those feelings. It's why it's fun to be scared and it's what keeps us coming back for more.

So it's time to stop questioning these folks and let them do what they do, they make that stuff for a reason. It's time to stop blaming them, they didn't pull the trigger. It's time to stop ignoring the truth which is the fact you're ignoring the real problem which just happens to be your lack of concern and taking responsibility for your own actions. When you ignore those feelings and cause folks to bottle them up then your the problem... it's time to be way more open minded about these and so many other things...

That's why I feel so lucky... I was encouraged to be open and do what makes me happy. I was told to express myself freely and take interest into things other people didn't understand if it made me happy. I was allowed to experience those sorts of things in a safe environment with someone to explain things to me instead of having to sneak around and not having any guidance. I was raised around the macabre and weird because it was what helped me get through my own s**t and kept me happy right from the beginning. It is the medium that I can express my feelings with. It is what helps me cope with the harsh reality that surrounds us every day and most of all it's what I know best. I encourage anyone who thinks differently to express themselves freely so long as you don't hurt anybody else. When you think about it, someone somewhere will always have something negative to say and in the end all that matters is how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: standard